Call Identifier: SME-Digital Content and Languages (FP7-ICT-2011-SME-DCL)
Challenge: Challenge 4: Technologies for Digital Content and Languages
Objective: 4.1 SME Initiative on Digital Content and Languages
Funding Schemes: STREP
Evaluation Scheme: First Step (Two Step Proposal)
Closure Date: 28/04/2011
Development the Intelligent System for Applications in EU Calls for Public Procurement – PTESKIS
The EU system of public procurement (http://ted.europa.eu) announces public procurement calls of EU institutions. Search by business opportunities, industries, the destination of services or goods, and headlines is available. It is possible to save search preferences. Information is available in any of 23 official EU languages. System’s users get information by e-mail and may also subscribe to the RSS feed. Registration is free of charge.
There is also the information system for European public procurement (http://simap.europa.eu). This system is a place for contracting organisations to announce their public procurement calls. This system offers standard public procurement forms (PDF) and links to legal acts. Public procurement calls may be also sent through online forms in the structural electronic format (XML). Information is available in any of 23 official EU languages.
Almost any country of the world has its specific public procurement system. Most include market research, legal information, and contact information of transport companies.
Since 2010, EU companies have more opportunities to offer construction, IT and other services in any EU country. The EU Services Directive, which came into force at the end of 2009, made this possible. Companies from different EU countries now have better opportunities to bid in calls for tenders from other EU countries. On 29 December 2009 all EU member states and some partner countries launched websites of public procurement, Denmark (http://www.virk.dk/English), Norway (https://www.altinn.no/en/), and UK (http://www.ukwelcomes.businesslink.gov.uk/) among them.
The Intelligent System for Applications in EU Calls for public procurement (PTESKIS) will facilitate interactive personalised and customised bidding in the EU. The system will communicate with e-procurement systems of EU countries; it will automate submission of contract documents and will offer intelligent assistance on their preparation.
The project will focus on the target outcome a) Bootstrapping a data economy.
Required skills and Expertise:
- Experts in data mining
- Experts in web semantics
- Experts in EU tenders
- Experts in construction sector (real estate) working with tenders
Description of work to be carried out by the partner(s) sought:
- Develop the database of potential bidders in EU calls for tenders and continuous supply of appropriate information about future tenders
- Develop Data Input into E-Application Forms. Automatic Error Detection, Corrections, Recommendations, Final Submission and Registration of Corrected Documents
- Develop the system for Integrated information relations. Support for studies about system’s use, surveys of and recommendations to PTESKIS users. Assistance in suggesting and implementing various alternative options to submit tenders and implementation control
- Develop Multiple Criteria On-Line Export Decision Support System:
- Analysis of the Competitiveness of Export Sectors of a country under consideration by the EDSS
- Analysis of the Competitiveness of Exported Products by the EDSS
- Analysis of Prospective Markets by the EDSS
Type of partner(s) sought:
- SMEs in ICT sector
- Industrial end-users for needs analysis and testing
- SMEs in construction (real estate) sector with experience in tenders (EU or other international tenders)
- Relevant Research institutions
For further information, please contact:
Jaime Durán firstname.lastname@example.org