The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is launching a fellowship programme for incoming mobility, called CONEX – CONnecting EXcellence to UC3M.
This fellowship programme offers to experienced and very experienced researchers of any nationality a unique opportunity to step forward in their career development.
The three areas of the CONEX programme are:
1. Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Physics
2. Social Sciences and Law
3. Humanities, Library Science and Communication
Applicants are entirely free in the choice of their research topic, department and supervisor/mentor, allowing for maximum benefit of the fellowship in their career development.
1. Applicants must have the degree and research experience appropriate to the CONEX scheme they
2. Applicants may be of any nationality.
3. Applicants must engage in international mobility: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain in the last three years prior to the call deadline.
Incoming researchers will benefit from a world-class university. UC3M offers a theoretical, practical, applied and innovative research environment, which will ensure that researchers can achieve their full potential.
1. CONEX Very Experienced Professors: This scheme is aimed at PhD holders with more than 10 years of research experience to allow them to set up their own, new research lines in UC3M. Researchers´ will be bolstered and recognized, highlighting personal achievements, while supporting their further professional development and international recognition.
2. CONEX Experienced Professors: This scheme is aimed at PhD holders with 4-10 years of research experience to provide them with training to deepen and/or widen their skills and to start or consolidate their own independent research team or project.
For this first call the CONEX programme offers:
- 6 fellowships to Very Experienced Professor
- 10 fellowship to Experienced Professor
All fellowships have a minimum duration of 36 months
Publication Date: March 1, 2014
Deadline: May 29, 2014
Evaluation: June – September 2014
Evaluation results: September 2014
Signature of first contracts: October 2014
CONEX CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org